REAL PROPERTY TAXES
Real Estate is responsible for providing university timely tax filings and payments to the County Assessor and Tax Collector. Real Estate collaborates with the university Office of the Comptroller and Audit Office and all university academic and administrative units to collect information to maintain real estate property exemptions as appropriate.
Specific services include:
- Estimating property taxes for department and school budgeting purposes
- Timely payment of property tax bills
- Filing annual property tax applications and business property compliance filing requirements
- Obtaining property tax exemption on both owned and leased real and business property
- Filing preliminary change of ownership forms
- Reviewing and resolving erroneous unsecured business personal property tax bills
- Providing guidance and support for USC departments regarding all property tax matters
All inquiries regarding university property taxes should be directed to Dee Jackson at email@example.com.